We want to provide a further update to our membership on the Status of CYB Baseball. This communication is our sincere effort to provide you with our plan for the 2020 Season and to communicate honestly and openly with you about our decision with respect to refunds for those players and families that decide not to participate this season. Please read this entire communication as it will likely answer many of your questions.
Our plan is to start practices on Monday June 15th, one week after Massachusetts is scheduled to be in Phase 2 of the Massachusetts 4 Phase Reopening Plan.
Gameplay will begin the week of Monday July 6th, one week after Massachusetts is scheduled to be in Phase 3 of the Massachusetts 4 Phase Reopening Plan.
There may be additional rules and guidelines with respect to how players enter/exit the playing field and we may have to restrict spectators during games to comply with the Commonwealth’s guidelines. Those details will be communicated by the respective division vice-presidents to the team managers and coaches.
Our various division vice-presidents are currently working on rosters, practice schedules and game schedules. While we understand that the timing and circumstances of the season have changed, we view it as our responsibility to provide a baseball program for the CYB players in Chelmsford. All indications are that we will be able to have a season.
Please be advised, that for a multitude of reasons, CYB is not in a position to offer anyone that registered a full refund. Like most non-profit and sports organizations, Covid-19 was not something CYB could have ever anticipated. CYB purchases uniforms, equipment and does repairs to our fields in anticipation of having our typical spring and summer seasons. CYB is different from other programs in Town in that we put a significant portion of your registration fees into the fields that our players use. Like all prior seasons, our fields had been worked on during the offseason and were ready to go on schedule this spring. There are simply expenses that CYB has incurred that we have no ability to recoup. We also have postponed much of our fundraising efforts due to the financial stress Covid-19 has already brought on our community. We are appreciative of our sponsors who managed to support us despite difficult times, however, we are also aware that most of our traditional support from the business community is simply not available to us this year. We will also not be receiving registration fees from our typically robust summer baseball program. Finally, the Board of Directors of CYB has the responsibility to sustain youth baseball for all of the players in Chelmsford, not just for this season, but for hopefully many springs and summers to come. Therefore, we are simply not in a position to be able to give a full refund of any registration fees.
Our Board of Directors has decided to offer 3 options for those families who choose not to have their players play with us this season. The options are as follows:
You can let CYB know that your player is not going to play and that you would like 56% of your registration fee amount to be considered a charitable donation to CYB, a 501(C)(3) non-profit;
You can let CYB know your player is not going to play and you would like to roll 56% of this year’s registration fee amount forward towards the 2021 season (can be used for any other family member in 2021 as well)**; or
You can let us know your player is not going to play and if you would like 40% of your registration fee amount returned to you.
If your player will not play, you must notify the respective division VP by Monday June 8th at 2 p.m. and include in your communication what option you have selected from the 3 listed above. Please review the list of division VP’s by age (found below) which includes their email address. We need to hear from you only if your player is not going to play.
If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to the respective division vice-presidents, whose contact information is as follows:
Contact Email Address
Learn to Play
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding during these unprecedented times.
Please stay safe.
CYB Board of Directors
Until Further Notice:
OUR HOME FIELDS ON CHELMSFORD STREET REMAIN CLOSED.
THIS INCLUDES THE BULLPEN AREA AND ALL 3 BATTING CAGES. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THE FACILITY.
All CYB Organized practices are prohibited.
** Please note that the amount rolled forward will likely not cover your full registration fee for the 2021 season and registration fee amounts are subject to change year to year.